Reset an iPhone to Original Settings. – There are many reasons why an iPhone user may decide to reset or delete his/her phone’s setting. The need to resell is one reason, and so is a setting that isn’t working for the user anymore.
If you own an iPhone and you want to restore it to factory setting, the process is easy and you do not even need to be near your computer unit. But if you want all the personal information and data saved, it is best if you can synch your data with your computer. Restoring to factory setting is going to delete everything and all you will be left is an iPhone as virgin as the way it was when you opened its box.
- On your phone, look for and then click Settings. If you can’t find Settings on your Homescreen just swipe you finger to the right and type Settings and it will appear.
- Choose General among the options that will appear.
- From the drop down menu, select the Reset option.
- Many options will be presented to you, the best one for what you want to do is the option to Erase All Content and Settings.
- Before proceeding with the process, your phone will remind you about the option you selected and then the Erase iPhone option is going to appear. Clicking this option is going to delete everything you have installed or saved (data and media) and will then reset your iPhone to factory setting.
- Your will be asked if you want to continue and you will be also reminded that if you really do want to continue, the action cannot be undone. Once you are totally sure about your resetting decision, click the red button and you will be able to successfully reset your iPhone to factory setting.
The steps given above are very much possible to do even without iTunes, but only with iOS 5. Without iOS 5, and you still wish to reset or delete your iPhone settings, it is still possible. Just follow these steps:
- Press and then hold Home button simultaneously with the Sleep/Wake button. Home is found on your iPhone display, while the Sleep/Wake button is located on top of the unit.
- Hold the two buttons until your phone turns off to restart. This may take around 30 seconds to a minute.
- When you see the Apple logo, it is time to release the buttons.
- Wait until the logo disappears.
- There will be no options nor there will be any notifications, your iPhone will automatically reset. So be sure that you are really willing to hard-reset your unit before you start the process.
- Once your phone is done deleting all files and resetting of your settings, it will reboot on its own.
- Wait for a while since your iPhone needs to load.
- You are done resetting.
Again, just as a reminder; this process is going to delete all data you saved on your iPhone. If you want to save everything, create a back up on your computer. It would be disappointing if you delete everything without backup. Images and videos are important files and they should be saved. Just connect your iPhone on your computer and transfer all the files and data that you want to save. Create a folder on your computer for easier data and files allocation and retrieval.
Always read everything carefully before clicking. Sometimes, being hasty results to accidental lost of data. Once you have saved your files on your computer, you can start with the reset or delete process of your iPhone even without iTunes.