How to Activate an Unlocked iPhone for T-Mobile
AT&T is the official network provider for all iPhone units. These phones are locked to a monthly contract but it is possible to use another service provider if your contract expires. For your iPhone , you can use it with T-Mobile by having it unlocked first and then activating it. If you already have an unlocked iPhone , then all you need to do is to activate it to work with T-Mobile.
- The first step is to get the original SIM card on your iPhone . Use a SIM card removal tool (you can also use a bent paper clip if the removal tool is not available) by inserting it into the tiny hole found on the side of the phone and next to the card tray. When the SIM card tray ejects you can remove the original SIM Card.
- You can then insert the SIM card from T-Mobile and then reinsert the SIM card tray into your iPhone.
- Turn the iPhone on. Once the phone reboots it will then connect to T-Mobile.
Before you can use your iPhone for T-Mobile, it is important though to keep certain factors in mind. For instance, there are specific features on the phone that need to be changed as well as a few data that need to be edited. The reason for these changes is so that your iPhone will start searching for the network service of T-Mobile instead of from AT&T.
- The first thing to do to make the changes is to turn on your iPhone. Go to the main Menu and then tap Setting. Your phone’s WiFi features needs to be either disabled or turned off. There should be no signal that will interfere with your activation process.
- Choose General Settings and the tap Network. You then need to turn the Data Roaming option on. Doing this is going to allow your iPhone to pick up the network of T-Mobile.
- Choose Cellular Data; in some devices this may be called EDGE. Look for the APM Field and open it and then enter internet2.voicestream.com.
- Go back to Main Menu and browse on the Internet using Safari. Once you have successfully opened Safari and got connected then you have successfully activated your unlocked iPhone to T-Mobile network.
- You can start using your iPhone with the services provided by T-Mobile. This means that you are now free from the network of AT&T.
Device activation of your iPhone can also be done through iTunes.
- The first step is to ensure that your computer unit has Internet connection.
- Then you need to have the latest iTunes version installed.
- Turn on your iPhone and wait until the device stops in its search for a signal. This may take 90 seconds.
- Open iTunes and then connect the phone to your computer unit.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your iPhone and your computer, until the activation process is completed.
Once the process is done, your unlocked iPhone is activated on the T-Mobile network.